airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: gsoc projects status
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2013 21:59:54 GMT
Thanks Sanchit for sharing the meeting summary.

It was indeed a productive hangout. Great work every one in digesting Airavata and I was very
pleased to see most of you have a good understanding of the Architecture. As for GSoC projects,
on one hand it was encouraging to see each of you clearly know what to do on your component,
at the same time it is concerning, plumbing with other components seems to be fuzzy in every
one's mind. So please continue this momentum but put forth a clear integration plan and your
next steps before the mid-term.

Some of your are ahead of schedule, but others are behind. Some contributions like the AMQP
can stand by themselves, but remaining all of them are very interlaced and we will have a
collective success or the code will rest in peace in sandbox after september. So please lend
a hand to each other and make some collective progress. Same applies to critiquing and reviewing
contributions as well. All of you have good software engineering experience and masters students,
so it is not so useful to judge you individually, but the team. The code reviews also need
not be between you and Airavata PMC,  please get the community concept and every one review/critique,
contribute, write test cases to other modules freely.

Also, please put high priority to come with a sequence/activity/flow-chart UML or otherwise,
what ever works, but a depiction of the entire project.

Great effort everyone, and keep pushing,
Suresh

On Jul 20, 2013, at 6:16 PM, Sanchit Aggarwal <sanchitagarwal108@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Its was a great brainstorm session which resulted in some common standards to follow
in our projects so to make our life easy during the integration of projects.

> Below is the Minutes of Hangout Session:
>
> 1. Shameera: Submit a patch for wec schema, and stubs(to be used by subho and sanchit)
for JS API.
> 2. Subho: Submit a patch for workflow composition.
> 3. Vijayendra: submit the patch for monitoring UI and UML diagram for the various projects
(Big Picture Diagram, all other will add to it)