airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integrating OGC"s WPS capabilities with Apache Airavata
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 03:34:53 GMT
Hi Sameera et al,

You guys are doing great in engaging multiple projects and I noticed you have started to poking
Rave as well. Keep up the good work. + 1 on Chris suggestion and your follow up to integrate
SIS into the mix as well. You have received some good positive feedback from every one. I
will go other way and be critical but this is not a indication of your work but my attempt
to provide some research direction to the technical integration you are doing.

* The report [1] is lacking the goal of your project and also the problem. Image a target
audience of your fellow moratuwa students who are good software engineers but know nothing
about Airavata and WPS. Write a one page section upfront describing these projects, why they
need to be integrated, how will they compliment each other. You have some of these details
in objectives throughout the report. But put them in layman terms so any one should be able
to read and quickly understanding what your project is about.

* You have to check with your local mentor (I presume Shahani), but I am getting a feeling
that you are crossing too many projects without a firm goal. I have already seen Airavata+WPS+SIS+Rave.
This is great but first lets make sure we can envision use cases which an take advantage of
such integration. If you haven't already, Can you look at some of the workflow use cases here
- https://sites.google.com/site/earthcubeworkflow/workflow-vignettes

* Providing quality use case is a failure of ours and not your problem.  But you have to keep
asking the right questions and annoy us enough until you get what you want.

Cheers,
Suresh

[1] - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P4C0YG6X6AgiXRTha3P2SXfMkiaXrNJzGG_aOgaNf78/edit#heading=h.1w0yws22gxmm
[2] - https://sites.google.com/site/earthcubeworkflow/workflow-vignettes

On May 20, 2013, at 2:00 PM, Sameera Jayaratna <sameerajayaratna@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> From our research for the past few months we have gathered some ideas about implementing
our project idea, integrating OGC’s WPS capabilities with Apache Airavata. We have written
a short report including our findings and our proposed solutions. These ideas are still at
a very abstract level. We are hoping to improve them with feedback and suggestions.