airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integrating OGC"s WPS capabilities with Apache Airavata
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:24:34 GMT
Very nice objective. The first section clearly explains what you are doing and introduces the
airavata and WPS.

This time, I skipped reminder of the report. Please let us know if you need any specific feedback.

Good work,
Suresh

On Jun 18, 2013, at 11:54 AM, Nipuni Perera <nipuni880917@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have updated the report and included objective describing the purpose and uses of
the project. You can view the report here.

> Thanks,
> Nipuni
>

> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> Sounds good.
>
> Just to clarify, I am not suggesting you to preclude further integrations. But suggesting
to incrementally build from small and focused integrations which will make it main code bases
of the projects you are working with. To an extent, use cases help to get a buy-in from developers
who need to be motivated to accept your contributions into releases and maintain it (with
your continued involvement).

> Suresh
>
> On Jun 14, 2013, at 5:59 AM, Sameera Jayaratna <sameerajayaratna@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Suresh,
> >
> > Thank you very much for the feedback. We will write and send the
> > description regarding the project soon. We have started to go through the
> > use cases in the given source as well.
> >
> > At the moment, our main focus is to build a geoscience gateway based on
> > Apache Airavata and OGC's WPS. We are using Apache Rave to build the portal
> > for the gateway. We will discuss with our mentor, Dr.Shahani Weerawarana
> > regarding Apache SIS and reply with further details.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Sameera
> >

> > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:17 AM, Mattmann, Chris A (398J) <
> > chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> >
> >> +1 to all of Suresh's comments below. Feel free to keep annoying us
> >> and asking questions and I for one will continue to try and help :)
> >>
> >> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> >> Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
> >> Senior Computer Scientist
> >> NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory Pasadena, CA 91109 USA
> >> Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
> >> Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
> >> WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/
> >> Adjunct Assistant Professor, Computer Science Department
> >> University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 USA

Jun