airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Apache Airavata-OODT Integration
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 14:47:26 GMT
Hi Sanjaya,

-----Original Message-----

From: Sanjaya Medonsa <sanjayamrt@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:12 AM
To: "dev@oodt.apache.org" <dev@oodt.apache.org>, "dev@airavata.apache.org"
<dev@airavata.apache.org>
Subject: Apache Airavata-OODT Integration

>Hi,
>     I have worked on the Apache Airavata integration with Apache OODT. As
>a first step, I have implemented integration with Apache OODT file
>manager component.

Great work!!

Comments below:

>      1. Introduce a new GFac Schema type called OODTProduct which takes
>APache OODT product IDs as input.
>      2. Implemented new pre GFac Handler by extending Apache OODT
>PgeTaskInstance to stage the corresponding file into the working
>directory.
>      3. Once file is staged, input parameter with OODT product id is
>replaced with path of the staged file for downstream processing
>
>I have tested the implementation with Gfac application which wraps /bin/ls
>command. Application takes product id as input and stage corresponding
>file
>into the working directory and /bin/ls is executed against the staged
>file.
>Hope this is a valid testing scenario.
>
>Concerns
>- Configurations : I have added new configuration file named and
>oodt-integration.properties in addition to dynamic_metadata.met and
>pge-config.xml files used by OODT. But at the moment there is no item
>configured with the oodt-integration.properties.

You probably only need the pge-config.xml file. Dynamic metadata, and the
task configuration properties can be specified programmatically, right?

>- Staged File Name - With the current implementation of PgeTaskInstance it
>is not possible to retrieve path of the staged file. Due to this
>limitation, I have query the FileManagerServer with product id and
>retrieve
>the file name and computed the file path using information of working
>directory.

I'm not sure I understand this? If you store and record the Filename, and
FileLocation
metadata files, then you can easily retrieve the staged file path via a
SQLquery
via CAS-PGE by simply setting the FORMAT=('$FileLocation/$Filename') in
the response.
Can you comment on this?

>- Currently it is not possible to execute the workflow using Xbaya due to
>validation failure due to new schema type. I have commented out the
>relevant validation code for testing purpose.

OK, will probably need to work on this.

>Currently I am having an issue with review board client tool and need to
>resolve it to upload the code for review.

I see later that you got this working, so will head over and review that
now.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Chris