airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enabling interactivity with executing workflow
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 20:15:11 GMT
Deciding upon the external parties is up to the gateway developer who plugs
Airavata to the gateway. Following an offline discussion with a gateway
developer led to following basic conclusions,

Interactivity for workflows can mean,

   - Interactivity between multiple workflows
   - Interactivity between the workflow and a user

There are 2 more variations to above scenarios

   - blocking interactivity (further execution of the workflow is halted
   until the interactive sessions has completed)
   - non-blocking interactivity