airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Initiating GSoC Project - JSON support and JSON to XML bidirectional conversion for Airavata
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 00:12:48 GMT
Sorry for the late reply as I have been busy with a release for the last
few days.

This was the plan (This is suggested as the first approach in my proposal),
> but to implement this we need to use java inside the JS. From developer
> perspective it is not a good idea as there are difficulties to debug and
> lack of tooling support.

I would still opt for Airavata API inside JS for the following reasons.

1. The current API has been there for a while, hence well tested and
stable. Therefore the chances are very slim that you will end up debugging
through it for troubleshooting. If we have proper exception handling in the
JS, we will easily see what went wrong in the API call.

2. Writing an API from the scratch will require more time and effort to
make it stable. Moreover, debugging a JS API written from the scratch would
be trickier than using a stable API inside it and checking for issues that
may occur sporadically.

3. I am not a "JS guy" but NetBeans would be a better options in terms of
tooling IMO.

> Great, This means there won't be any issue choosing above approach, isn't
> it? Could you please explain how we intend to support that with JS if we
> don't need a RabbitMQ JS API?.

Frankly, I do not still see a need for JS API.

Thanks,
Danushka