airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumb...@gmail.com>
Subject XBaya/Hadoop Integration - Concern
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 19:27:20 GMT
Hi All,

The current UI implementation does not take application/host description
into account simply because they have little or no meaning in the Hadoop
world as I believe. The current implementation enables configuring each
individual job using the UI (Please see the attached xbaya-hadoop.png).

The upside of this approach is that new jobs could be added/configured
dynamically, without adding application descriptions/generating
code/compiling/re-deploying/etc. The downside is that it is different from
general GFac application invocation, where each application has an
associated application/host/etc. Nevertheless we are trying to incorporate
something that does not quite fit into application/host domain.

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,
Danushka