airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Accessing the REST service from JavaScript
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 16:01:27 GMT
That makes sense now.

So back to Viknes question, he needs to send a gateway admin user (or a end user with admin
privileges) so he can get status of all experiments. For this he doesn't need to manipulate
the user information in header right? Sorry these questions are naive but I am trying to understand
the information needed to authenticate vs the actual query.

Suresh

On Jun 12, 2013, at 11:56 AM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Suresh,
>
> You are correct the user we refer is system user. (In other words the user
> that interact with all internal operations such as registry etc ...). For
> portal users, we get user attribute through the context header.
>
> Thanks
> Amila
>

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Amila.
>>
>> Just to clarify the user here is the system user (or the gateway admin)
>> right? Can you please also elaborate on how this will look like for sending
>> gateway end user id?
>>
>> Suresh
>>
>> On Jun 12, 2013, at 11:06 AM, Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.amila@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Suresh,
>>>
>>> This is not due to any technical reason or security issue.
>>> So the basic access authentication is the "default" authentication
>>> mechanism we are using. For that we need to have user name and password
>> in
>>> request header and base64 encoded.
>>> If user name and password needs to be part of the request parameter, we
>>> need to implement a new Authenticator
>>> (org.apache.airavata.security.Authenticator) implementation. Further
>>> framework will pick the new authenticator based on the implementation of
>>> "canProcess" method.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Amila

>> if to

>> viknesb@msn.com

You
HTTPD and

Airavata by
I make an AJAX
I am trying

>> http://localhost:8080/airavata-registry/api/experimentregistry/get/exp

with the encoded
enabled in jQuery.
my request, I
try to connect to

>> org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataAPIFactory.getAPI(AiravataAPIFactor
>>>>>>>>>>>

>> org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataAPIFactory.getAPI(AiravataAPIFactor
>>>>>>>>>>>

>> org.apache.airavata.xbaya.ui.dialogs.registry.RegistryWindow.getAirava

>> org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataClient.initialize(AiravataClient.java:163
>>>>>>>>>>>

>> org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataAPIFactory.getAPI(AiravataAPIFactory.java
: HTTP error code :

>> org.apache.airavata.rest.client.ConfigurationResourceClient.getEventingURI(C
>>>>>>>>>>>

>> org.apache.airavata.rest.client.RegistryClient.getEventingServiceURI(Registr
>>>>>>>>>>>

>> org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataClient.createConfig(AiravataClient.java:1

here. For most of