airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Viknes Balasubramanee <vikn...@msn.com>
Subject Accessing the REST service from JavaScript
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 03:42:00 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to get the list of experiments in Airavata by accessing the
Registry API REST service from a webapp. When I make an AJAX request from
JavaScript, I get an error in the browser console(FireBug) stating "Access
denied to restricted URI".  This is the URL that I am trying to hit
http://localhost:8080/airavata-registry/api/experimentregistry/get/experimen
ts/all . The URL works fine from the browser.

1. I have the basic authentication header set with the encoded username and
password when I make the request. I have CORS enabled in jQuery. Yet, the
request seems to fail.
2. In order to skip the authentication and try my request, I set the enabled
parameter in authentication.xml to false. <authenticators enabled="false">.
When I do so, I get the below exception if I try to connect to the registry
from XBaya.

org.apache.airavata.client.api.exception.AiravataAPIInvocationException:
Error while initializing the Airavata API
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataAPIFactory.getAPI(AiravataAPIFactory.java
:64)
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataAPIFactory.getAPI(AiravataAPIFactory.java
:43)
        at
org.apache.airavata.xbaya.ui.dialogs.registry.RegistryWindow.getAiravataAPI(
RegistryWindow.java:260)
Caused by:
org.apache.airavata.client.api.exception.AiravataAPIInvocationException:
Error while initializing the Airavat
a API
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataClient.initialize(AiravataClient.java:163
)
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataAPIFactory.getAPI(AiravataAPIFactory.java
:61)
        ... 99 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed : HTTP error code : 500
        at
org.apache.airavata.rest.client.ConfigurationResourceClient.getEventingURI(C
onfigurationResourceClient.java:5
19)
        at
org.apache.airavata.rest.client.RegistryClient.getEventingServiceURI(Registr
yClient.java:164)
        at
org.apache.airavata.client.AiravataClient.createConfig(AiravataClient.java:1
15)

Please let me know if I am missing something here. For most of the GSOC
projects, we are developing webapp and I believe this would play an
important role.

Thanks
Viknes