airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Raminder Singh <raminderjsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updates to Airavata API version 0.8
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 14:02:39 GMT
Thank, these are very useful for API users. Only thing i found confusing for the user is API
managers.  ProvenanceManager is the one used to get experiment status. Users will get FINISHED
or FAILED status from the data object. On failure, i was trying to find a method to get the
error data but i was not able to find as those methods exist in ExecutionManager. According
to me, experiment status and in case of failures get error need to be part of one manager.
May be a ExperimentManager?  Getting output data can be left as part of provenance manages
as only few client may want to get the data in few cases. Getting error detail in case of
error is obvious step.

Other thing can you please explain the difference between WorkflowExecutionError, ExperimentExecutionError,
NodeExecutionError, GFacExecutionError on a Wiki page for the users. Also add a method to
get JobID as that is required to get GFacExecutionError.

I tested the WorkflowExecutionError method and its not returning any data. Can you please
test that as well?

ExperimentData data =  airavataAPI.getProvenanceManager().getExperimentData(experimentID);
List<WorkflowExecutionError> experimentExecutionErrors = airavataAPI.getExecutionManager().getWorkflowExecutionErrors(experimentID,
experimentID);

Thanks
Raminder