airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Updates to Airavata API version 0.8
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 21:05:22 GMT
Following updates will be present Airavata API from 0.8 release.

   1. *Error message from the immediate exception used as the error message
   for the AiravataAPInvocationException*. Earlier it was just "Error
   invoking API". *This change was made so that the users of the API can
   show the error from the exception without having to dig in to the inner
   exception to get a better error message.*
   2. *Saving and retrieving experiment execution error details*. Earlier
   we were not persisting any execution error details of the workflow. Error
   details are only available only if the developers are monitoring experiment
   at the time of error occurs. *This is not feasible if users would only
   want to go through the error details later without doing monitoring from
   the beginning. Therefore we are now persisting the error details (not as
   part of provenance data) of executing workflows (i.e. experiments)* in
   to the registry and also retrieving from registry through Airavata API
   (which calls the Registry API).

For now we have the functions for saving and retrieving errors in the
ExecutionManager[1]. We need to decide if this is the correct place to put
these functions. Your thoughts in this matter are most welcome...

Thanks,
Saminda

1.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/trunk/modules/airavata-client/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/client/api/ExecutionManager.java