airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updates to Airavata API version 0.8
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 14:42:48 GMT
Thanks Raman for the feedback.

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Raminder Singh
<raminderjsingh@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thank, these are very useful for API users. Only thing i found confusing
> for the user is API managers.  ProvenanceManager is the one used to get
> experiment status. Users will get FINISHED or FAILED status from the data
> object. On failure, i was trying to find a method to get the error data but
> i was not able to find as those methods exist in ExecutionManager.
> According to me, experiment status and in case of failures get error need
> to be part of one manager. May be a ExperimentManager?  Getting output data
> can be left as part of provenance manages as only few client may want to
> get the data in few cases. Getting error detail in case of error is obvious
> step.

I totally agree with you. We need to determine where to place the functions
to retrieve errors that is logical and driven to locate it through
intuition of the user.

> Other thing can you please explain the difference between
> WorkflowExecutionError, ExperimentExecutionError, NodeExecutionError,
> GFacExecutionError on a Wiki page for the users. Also add a method to get
> JobID as that is required to get GFacExecutionError.

Will do Raman. I created a Jira[2] for this incase I forget.

2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-858