airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Saminda Wijeratne <samin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persisting GFac job data
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 15:26:28 GMT
On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Raminder Singh
<raminderjsingh@gmail.com>wrote:

> These look good to me.  Can you please explain usage of
> getGFacJobsFromDescriptors method?  How is this different from getting the
> descriptors from registry? and who should register this data?

Seems the function name is confusing.
This is to filter all the gfac jobs saved in the registry using the
descriptors they correspond to. For example if we want to decide whats the
fastest result computational resource to execute for Gaussian Service
descriptor, we can make a calculated decision from looking at the past
records by filtering all the gfac jobs that corresponds to this service
descriptor and looking at the duration of execution to see which gfac job
took least time to complete. As you can see its not a common usecase for
everyday user.

> Also a typo in updateGFacJobMetadta method name.

oops... Thanks Raminder.

> Thanks
> Raminder
>
> On May 21, 2013, at 11:28 PM, Saminda Wijeratne wrote:
>
> > Following API functions are added for the ProvenanceManager[2],
> >
> > boolean isGFacJobExists(String gfacJobId)
> > void addGFacJob(GFacJob job)
> > void updateGFacJob(GFacJob job)
> > void updateGFacJobStatus(String gfacJobId, GFacJobStatus status)
> > void updateGFacJobData(String gfacJobId, String jobdata)
> > void updateGFacJobSubmittedTime(String gfacJobId, Date submitted)
> > void updateGFacJobCompletedTime(String gfacJobId, Date completed)
> > void updateGFacJobMetadta(String gfacJobId, String metadata)
> > GFacJob getGFacJob(String gfacJobId)
> > List<GFacJob> getGFacJobsForDescriptors(String serviceDescriptionId,
> String
> > hostDescriptionId, String applicationDescriptionId)
> > List<GFacJob> getGFacJobs(String experimentId, String
> workflowExecutionId,
> > String nodeId)
> >
> > Thoughts are welcome!!!
> >

> > 2.
> >
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/trunk/modules/airavata-client/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/client/api/ProvenanceManager.java
> >

> > On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> But I thought the providers are part of the GFac (not as a separate
> >> service). If not then the providers should report to GFac. Orelse there
> is
> >> no way the GFac knows what status to update which data to update etc.
> Does
> >> the current GFac implementation support this?
> >>

> >> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 4:47 PM, Amila Jayasekara <
> thejaka.amila@gmail.com

> and
> persistence

WF