airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjaya Medonsa <sanjaya...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Airavata-OODT Integration
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 12:12:30 GMT
Hi,
     I have worked on the Apache Airavata integration with Apache OODT. As
a first step, I have implemented integration with Apache OODT file
manager component.
      1. Introduce a new GFac Schema type called OODTProduct which takes
APache OODT product IDs as input.
      2. Implemented new pre GFac Handler by extending Apache OODT
PgeTaskInstance to stage the corresponding file into the working directory.
      3. Once file is staged, input parameter with OODT product id is
replaced with path of the staged file for downstream processing

I have tested the implementation with Gfac application which wraps /bin/ls
command. Application takes product id as input and stage corresponding file
into the working directory and /bin/ls is executed against the staged file.
Hope this is a valid testing scenario.

Concerns
- Configurations : I have added new configuration file named and
oodt-integration.properties in addition to dynamic_metadata.met and
pge-config.xml files used by OODT. But at the moment there is no item
configured with the oodt-integration.properties.
- Staged File Name - With the current implementation of PgeTaskInstance it
is not possible to retrieve path of the staged file. Due to this
limitation, I have query the FileManagerServer with product id and retrieve
the file name and computed the file path using information of working
directory.
- Currently it is not possible to execute the workflow using Xbaya due to
validation failure due to new schema type. I have commented out the
relevant validation code for testing purpose.

Currently I am having an issue with review board client tool and need to
resolve it to upload the code for review.

Cheers,
Sanjaya