airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumb...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Need for AMQP in Airavata (Science Gateways)
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 17:33:27 GMT
Hi,

I am currently working on my GSoC proposal based on AIRAVATA-339 and trying
to figure out what exactly the scientific community would expect from
having support for AMQP in the WS-Messenger?.

For an example why not JMS but AMQP?. I would say AMQP is quite rich in
terms of pub/sub semantics compared to JMS and also its extensible and
interoperable wire-level binary protocol would count as well. Anyways I
wonder if there are any specific requirements when it comes to scientific
computing paradigm. Because as far as I know, it originated at JPMorgan
Chase targeting the financial community.

Please shed some light on this.

Thanks,
Danushka