airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Viknes Balasubramanee <vikn...@msn.com>
Subject RE: Workflow monitoring webapp
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 20:34:47 GMT
Thanks Marlon and Chris for your suggestions.

Suresh,
I will keep this in mind when I submit the proposal.
Speaking of UI, It looks like the sandbox code uses JSP pages to display the
workflow information. I was thinking of displaying these information using
just HTML5 and JS pages. So for the front end I will be using Twitter
Bootstrap and AngularJS. Both these frameworks are lightweight and would
help speed up the development. They also ensure browser interoperability
across platforms and devices.

Also the sandbox code connects to a DB to get the workflow information. My
guess is that the Airavata Registry would contain all the required
information and the APIs would provide a way to access these information. So
I am assuming I would not have to interact with any DB directly or maintain
one for the webapp. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
Viknes

-----Original Message-----
From: Suresh Marru [mailto:smarru@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 4:23 PM
To: dev@airavata.apache.org
Cc: viknesb@msn.com
Subject: Re: Workflow monitoring webapp

This is very nice, lots of things Airavata could derive from. Thanks Chris.

Viknes, it will be nice if you can do a cross project and include in your
milestone to review the OODT code as well. If you design it right and keep
it backend independent, may be you can contribute some interfaces to OODT as
well. The UI needs seems to be identical.

When you submit your proposals, list OODT & Airavata as the projects.

Suresh