airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Workflow monitoring webapp
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 19:36:38 GMT
+ 1.

This is a good addition. The legacy version of such interface is at - http://community.ucs.indiana.edu:19440/XWorkflows/
(you will need to pick the dates back to 2009 to see sample data and reports). The code for
this is at - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/sandbox/workflow-monitoring-util/

Since you expressed in GSoC you can work on this as your project. Note that this is different
then the master project which focuses on user level monitoring and this is more of a admin
level system monitoring. This monitoring tools does not need any pub-sub system and should
be more of a report generation based on data in registry. The user level monitoring us for
real-time monitoring.

Suresh

On May 2, 2013, at 2:42 PM, Viknes B <viknesb@msn.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have been playing around with Airavata lately and I feel adding a couple more features
would prove to be really helpful. Although you can run a workflow easily from the XBaya GUI,
and see the output, it does not provide all the details a user/admin might want to see. It
lets you run/monitor only one workflow at a time, we don’t have a way to access the status
of the workflow or the jobs in the queue, which machine it runs on, the reason for the failure
of a workflow. For an admin who deploys Airavata, a collective graphical display of the experiments
and workflows running, the dates related to it, notifications about it would be very helpful.
I feel it would be nice to have a simple webapp to display all these information. The webapp
will be lightweight and made using HTML5 and JS and would provide all the monitoring capabilities
for a user.