airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Airavata GSoC 2013 Master Project
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 14:26:18 GMT
Ping!! No proposals yet beyond Shameera's and Danushka's place holder.

Suresh

On May 1, 2013, at 5:13 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Vijayendra,
>
> As you can see from Shameera's proposal, he proposed a JSON conversion in front of WS
Messenger. Also Danuska has been proposing for the AMQP and idea and deliberating its advantages.
So given all these, I would suggest for you to keep focused on the UI aspects of the monitoring
and write into your proposal a plan for determining a good strategy for the plumbing to WS-Eventing
based existing system. You can have the concrete deliverables of new UI to change colors based
on executions (as it currently does in XBaya), double click and show error messages and so
forth. And keep it exploratory for the actually messaging format.

> I do not have any opinion on the libraries you mentioned, but yaa a ajax based pub system
might be the right way to go. Pending the content format (JSON or WS-Eventing or JMS or AMQP
or something else)

> Suresh
>
> On May 1, 2013, at 4:13 PM, Vijayendra Grampurohit <vijayendra.sdm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Suresh
>>
>> I am writing proposal for monitoring tool . The monitoring tool is based on
>> pub-sub model (ws-messenger).
>> While writing proposal , I have to back it by technical stuff that tells
>> how can we achieve our purpose.
>> As this monitoring tool is supposed to be a web based , and we are thinking
>> in the lines of
>> developing it in javascript.
>> I was looking into javascript libraries that can we used with ws-messenger
>> in the monitoring module.
>> Please correct me if I am wrong.
>> I came across some of the libraries
>>
>>  - jQuery custom
>> events<http://weblog.bocoup.com/publishsubscribe-with-jquery-custom-events>
>>  - AmplifyJS Pub/Sub <http://amplifyjs.com/api/pubsub/>
>>  - PubSubJS <https://github.com/mroderick/PubSubJS>
>>  - js-signals <http://millermedeiros.github.com/js-signals/>
>>
>> please tell me am I thinking in right direction?
>>
>> Regards
>> Vijayendra
>>

>> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Shameera,
>>>
>>> This is great, I appreciate you sharing it, I realize this is still
>>> working document, but I want other students to start seeing it and model
>>> their proposals in a similar way.
>>>
>>> Airavata Mentors,
>>>
>>> Please provide feedback directly on the melange site and uncheck the
>>> "private" box when you comment.
>>>
>>> Suresh

>>> haven't

>>> Implementing