airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jGlobus 2.0 sandbox project
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 15:36:46 GMT
Hi All,

Jglobus 2.0.X seems to be stable enough. I will resume my testing with 2.0.5 first in the
sandbox project. Please volunteer to validate these tests and once we are happy we can change
the trunk as well.

Suresh

On Mar 21, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:

> Dev's,
>
> I am starting to test jglobus 2.0.5 against the grid tools sandbox projects. I think
recent Unicore provider addition highlight discrepancies in dependencies on jglobus 1.8.x.
If the testing in sandbox goes through fine, we should consider upgrading trunk to jglobus
2.0.x

> Suresh
>
> On Nov 22, 2012, at 9:55 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> The grid-tools sandbox area is working well for experimental stuff. I would like
add clients to talk to clusters work load managers like MOAB to further explore. For now I
will create a stand alone example, if it works well, I will start a discussion on if we can
add it as a provider to GFac. For now, its just a FYI.

>> Cheers,
>> Suresh
>>
>> [1] - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/sandbox/grid-tools/
>>
>> On Nov 9, 2012, at 9:49 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@iu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> I assume there are no objections to create a sandbox project to experiment with
new libraries.

>>> Suresh

works ok but has been with some limitations:

time spent on making them all available is not worthwhile. jglobus 2.x has limited dependencies
and many are in maven central.
bundled together. Jglobus2.0 refactored these into separate libraries which will be useful
for Airavata going forward.
also would need to local job id like features.

test the jglobus2.0. If it works well, then we will have some refactoring to do in gfac, but
first step is to test the new libraries.