airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@iu.edu>
Subject Anthropology GIS Project
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2013 17:34:10 GMT
Hi Denné,

I greatly enjoyed to learn about your anthropology research and more about the archeology
scavenging hunts, may be I can join in some day :).

As we discussed about the open source GIS and data analysis projects, let me introduce you
to the Apache SIS [1] and Airavata [2] developers.

Chris, Martin, Jun et al,

Prof. Denné Reed from University of Texas [3] is currently using ArcGIS based tools and his
group is eager to explore open source alternatives. So please take it from here.

Amila (Ranatunga), Sameera, Harsha, Nipuni,

This might be a good use case for your project. This should help you put airavata and sis
into a real-world perspective.

Note: Denné is not subscribed to the list, so please cc him explicitly. I have bcc'ed Airavata
developers, if the students on the list are interested, please join in sis dev list and follow
up.

Cheers,
Suresh

[1] - http://sis.apache.org/sis/