airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Heshan Suriyaarachchi <heshan.suriyaarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AIRAVATA-345 : plugin for running and monitoring workflows
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 15:33:53 GMT
Hi Vijayendra,

As Suresh as mentioned what you are suggesting is something different to
what is described in AIRAVATA-345. I think you can create a new jira and
provide your suggestions there.

I have gone through your suggestions and what you have done is a
description of features of ElasticFox.
I think you should first run through the tutorial provided in [1] and see
how Airavata can be used to run a job in Amazon EC2. Then you could suggest
how this can be improved to have it as a plugin. Furthermore, we have a
component to do EC2 instance management [2] as well. This does not give the
full set of features exposed by ElasticFox but it will be sufficient for a
Airavata user.

I hope that I answered your questions. Please, don't hesitate to ask
questions if you have any doubts.

[1] -
http://heshans.blogspot.com/2013/04/run-ec2-jobs-with-airavata-part-ii.html
[2] -