airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Damith Senanayake <dracusds...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC 2013
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 03:22:21 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am a first time participant for GSoC this year and am interested in
working with the Airavata project. I am currently getting familiar with
Airavata and XBaya and I noticed a proposal to create a web-based user
interface replacing/in-addition-to XBaya in this link:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-798.

While I understand it is a large project (or several projects as far as
GSoC is concerned) I would like to contribute to this development.

I am currently an undergraduate in University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka-
Department of Computer Science and Engineering. I have had experience with
Web Development in PHP, DartLang and also several CMSs. Although, I must
say that I am a complete novice to FLEX which is used to develop XBaya. And
I would like to learn as I go.

Could you please help me to get started with it, and point me in the right
direction, as I am a beginner?

Thanks in advance.

--
-Damith Senanayake-