airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Nipuni Perera <nipuni880...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Research project on integrating geoservices with Apache Airavata
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 07:52:45 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the guidance so far and we will study on the above mentioned
resources.

According to our understanding so far we feel that SIS can be used to
implement a server which exposes OGC web services such as WPS.
We feel that in order to enable geoscientists to create workflows accessing
OGC compliant web services like WPS services, the main focus will be to
integrated client side of OGC compliant web services with Airavata.

If  SIS can be used as a library for underlying geospatial processes what
makes  it different from currently exposed services. Because we have seen
that Taverna also has the ability to create geoscience workflows using some
web processing services.

Any comments on our thoughts are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nipuni

--
Nipuni Piyabasi Perera