airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Subho Banerjee <subs.z...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Airavata GSoC 2013 Master Project
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 20:55:13 GMT
Hi,
I am working on a more concrete definition of what I was proposing maybe
with a diagram to explain myself better.

In the mean time however, looking at the issues pointed out in the link, I
had a few questions -

Please go through intruductions secssion of this paper[1] which nicely
> explain the issues having with JSON <--> XML conversion.

Some of these problems are very specific to what the XML is representing,
it might not be an actual problem in Airavata,
maybe some one more experienced with the codebase can point this out.

   1. Anonymous values, Arrays, Implicit Typing, Character sets -- I really
   dont see these as problems, as long as you can agree that all parts of
   airavata will treat the JSON in a standard (probably we have to define
   this) way.
   2. Namespaces, Processing Instructions -- Is this required?
   Are separate namespaces used in Airavata? Only place I can see this being
   used is probably in the WSDL, but if we can agree on another way
   of communicating registered applications' I/O parameters to the front end
   (JSON based), then maybe we can work around this (minor) problem. Are
   custom processing instructions to the Xbaya XML parse even used?
   3. Attributes -- Again, this can be fixed easily

<array name="abc">
     <element>1</element>
     <element>2</element>
     <element>3</element>