airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Subho Banerjee <subs.z...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Airavata GSoC 2013 Master Project
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 12:09:10 GMT
Hi Suresh,

> This is great thinking and exactly inline with what we need to be
> exploring the emerging JS frameworks. We have been hearing about Angular JS
> in Apache Rave and even some implementations.

I have been using AngularJS for some time now. Infact, we had built, a
workflow engine for for deploying apps on to the Openshift PAAS cloud[1].
This application was built using AngularJS to model and validate the
workflow and jsPlumb as the presentation layer to display the graphs on
screen. This project used a very simple UI (drag and drop) to model the
workflow, but Xbaya, as it stands today is probably much more complicated
and extensible. But in any case, this will be a good starting point to
build upon. Another freelance project I had picked up a little while was
also built on AngularJS, thought completely unrelated to workflows and
Airavata, the opensource version of the app is deployed here[5].

There is this other tool, Apple's Quartz Composer[2][3] which I have been
using for some time now. It is a graphics / animation / shader language
which is defined in the form of a workflow. This is probably on what I
would base (and probably is what Xbaya was built to resemble) my effort to
build the frontend.

Cheers,
Subho.

[1] - https://github.com/subszero/openshift-workflows