airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Subho Banerjee <subs.z...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Airavata GSoC 2013 Master Project
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 07:43:46 GMT
Well exactly, as long as you can define standard way of communication. That
is, you can define in advance what should be a string, array and what
should be a integer etc. We have no problem.

So, when you look at problems, with JSON <-> XML or the other way round,
they talk of the very general case (where you no nothing about the data you
are converting other than it is valid XML/JSON). There are a myriad of
problems in that case, which you pointed out.

But when there is standard, there is only one way of doing things, and not
several. I think that is the way forward. So what I am proposing is maybe
we all discuss and define this standard within the first week of GSoC
starting and then actually move into coding. So as long as we work with the
presumption that this will be done, we really dont have to worry a lot
about this.

Cheers,
Subho.