airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@iu.edu>
Subject [DISCUSS] Airavata Termination Architecture
Date Sat, 20 Apr 2013 13:43:27 GMT
Hi All,

Can we discuss architectural solutions to implement Termination features within Airavata?
I will set some context here by illustrating the flow.

Airavata Client -> Workflow Interpreter ->  GFac API (GFac Provider) -> Remote Compute
Machine.

We need a solution to traverse through this chain to terminate an invocation. The side effects
have to be properly encountered so a terminate request can change the status of an invocation
to Cancel state and all of the invocation chain can gracefully react to this state.

Thoughts on how we can implement these capabilities?

Cheers,
Suresh