airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC 2013
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:31:12 GMT
Hi Damith,

The JIRA only mentioned FLEX to indicate there are other implementations. But XBaya is currently
in Java and this task is to change it to java script based.

Frankly, this year Airavata GSoC projects will be very tough on beginners, since we are expecting
lot of co-ordination among all projects and also it takes lot of diving into the code and
understand what is happening. I would encourage you to engage with the mailing list and learn
through, but I would advice to pick a smaller project to start with for this year. Unfortunately
all projects in Airavata this year have high barrier to entry.

Suresh