airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [TESTING] Apache Airavata 0.7 RC5
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 20:44:24 GMT
On Apr 9, 2013, at 4:10 PM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com> wrote:

> I ran Ultrascan 3 application and jobs are submitted fine to the resource. I am not able
to complete my testing because gram return 0 status incase you don't have a global ip (no
luck even after connecting to VPN).

> I found https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-818 issue in airavata API to dynamically
set host part of request. This may not be critical issue for the release but required for
my project.

I think its too late for feature additions. Since we went along with 5 RC's, I would suggest
to push forward with the release. I think we can start discussing 0.8 features and spin up
a timely release.

Suresh

> Thanks
> Raminder
>
> On Apr 9, 2013, at 2:14 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake wrote:
>
>> Hi Raman,
>>
>> I've just tested tar.gz and worked fine. I would say try to untar the pack
>> agian try to start. Seems like an intermittent derby issue.
>>
>> Regards
>> Lahiru
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Raminder Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Lahiru,
>>>
>>> Thanks for putting this together. I download
>>> apache-airavata-server-0.7-SNAPSHOT-bin.tar.gz to verify the release and
>>> get following error on starting the airavata server using
>>> airavata-server.sh. Any idea what can cause this? I will create a JIRA task
>>> and attach full stacktrace.
>>>

>>> Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: DERBY SQL error:
>>> SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: XJ041, SQLERRMC: Failed to create database
>>> 'persistent_data', see the next exception for details.::SQLSTATE: XBM0AThe
>>> database directory
>>> '/Users/raminder/Documents/work/projects/airavata/apache-airavata-server-0.7-SNAPSHOT/bin/persistent_data'
>>> exists. However, it does not contain the expected 'service.properties'
>>> file. Perhaps Derby was brought down in the middle of creating this