airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Airavata GSoC 2013 Master Project
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2013 13:35:48 GMT
Hi All,

As briefly discussed in [1], lets brainstorm enough on this thread before we can derive concrete
GSoC projects and appropriate JIRA's. We have an opportunity to have multiple projects, but
we would like to make sure they all align well. I drafted a overview of what can be potentially
done - [2]. Please do not get overwhelmed by the sheer of changes, at the same time, it will
be time consuming and also will require co-ordination with the community and other students.
So please read [1] and make sure it matches your interest.

Please start asking questions based on what you understand in [2] and lets go from there.
I will keep expanding this wiki as we get the questions. We are roughly 2 weeks away from
the proposal deadlines, so please hurry and understand the problem to tackle well. Then lets
collectively identify the project which is "doable" within next 3 months and how we can break
it down. If this is sounding too onerous for a GSoC project, I frankly suggest to look at
other projects which might fit your time availability and get the project. Here we would like
to use the mentor energy to accomplish tasks which can directly get into the main code base,
write papers, see the projects in production and so on. The rewards will be certainly better
than an average project, but the challenge and effort will be demanding.

I will be relatively very responsive from now through proposal deadlines. I will hope others
on the Airavata PMC will be as well.

Thanks,
Suresh

[1] - http://markmail.org/message/rmotieckqj3a4xxv