airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Airavata GSoC 2013 Master Project
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 22:36:16 GMT
Hi Vijeyendra,

The mailing lists does not sent attachments. Can you upload them to the wiki or put it on
a web location?

Suresh

On Apr 25, 2013, at 4:39 PM, Vijayendra Grampurohit <vijayendra.sdm@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> 1] Currently the workflow description has the graph representation form  xbaya .
> The data for the Workflow Inputs come from the Registry .This data is in wsdl form which
is stored
> in the Registry.
> There is also some metadata associated with wsdl . So that the client which has to bind
the input values can use it.

> As we are discussing in the line of developing a  browser based application.
> For constructing workflow we can make use of below graph library's
> http://jsplumbtoolkit.com/jquery/demo.html
> http://raphaeljs.com/
> In our project( Openshift workflows) we had used jsplumb library
> which worked well with Angularjs .
>
> There are many more graph libraries which also can be explored.
>
> 2] Currently the data that is stored in Registry is of the form wsdl.
> The workflow will use the data stored in the Registry .
> For the new workflow as there is a discussion going on what kind of data are we
> going to store in registry   (i.e wsdl or JSON ). This can be worked
> accordingly.
>
> 3] Monitoring tool : I am thinking in terms of a
> browser plugin or a simple java script based web based monitoring which will
> notify users on workflow progress in real time.
> This can be developed as a separate module .
> The Monitoring tool subscribes to a pre-specified topic to which
> Workflow Engine and GFac are publishing status notifications.Then the monitoring
> tool translates these messages and shows to to the user in the front end.
> Please see the image inserted.
>

> What we can also do , When user is executing a very large workflow
> with hundreds of variables and doesn't want to track every thing, Then  we can have a
option to
> which allows customization in the monitoring tool .
> My point is  we can have  features in which user can monitor
> the variables or data he wants.
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong any where.
>
> Regards
> Vijayendra
>

> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 2013, at 8:01 AM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Great discussion Shameera & Subho.
> >
> > Looks like you guys have a fair idea on what needs to be done, as you both state,
a week or two into GSOC, you can narrow down on design and specifications and so forth. Given
there are multiple students tackling these issues collectively, if there are hard decisions
to make, I would suggest to try two approaches in parallel and quickly pick one after a proof
of concept.

> Can you all discuss the workflow composition strategies related to the data model the
same way we discussed application descriptions?

> We need to decompose the master project into smaller, well aligned projects this weekend.
So please start posting ideas on how to sub-divide the projects.