airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Desruisseaux <martin.desruisse...@geomatys.fr>
Subject Re: Research project on integrating geoservices with Apache Airavata
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 22:46:13 GMT
Le 04/04/13 00:00, Martin Desruisseaux a écrit :
> Companies can also paid OGC for testing their software and get the
> official "OGC compliant" logo. This is something that Geomatys plans
> to do, but it would be on top of SIS rather than directly in the SIS
> project. With the above-mentioned CITE tests executed at build time, I
> think that anyone would be able to do that on their side.

I should add... I don't know how it works for foundations. If we wanted
the have an official "OGC compliant" logo on SIS, I guess the procedure
would needs to be done by the Apache foundation itself, and I don't know
if Apache has budget dedicated to certification programs.

An other reason is that Apache SIS is a library, while I think the
certification is applied on end products. So I can easily imagine the
certification applied to a product built on top of Apache SIS, but it is
not clear to me how it could be applied to a library.

     Martin