airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Reed, Denne N" <re...@austin.utexas.edu>
Subject Re: Anthropology GIS Project
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 22:27:46 GMT
Dear Suresh,
It was very nice meeting you in Boston. In addition to the excitement of being embroiled in
a manhunt, I really enjoyed the focus group and I thank you for putting us all in touch with
one another. I'm eager to learn more about open GIS, SIS and airavata. These sound like very
exciting projects. The project we're working on is called PaleoCore and there is a preliminary
website up at PaleoCore.org<http://PaleoCore.org>. PaleoCore is about developing data
standards, tools and data gateways for paleoanthropological data. It is associated with a
related suite of eAnthro websites such as eFossils.org<http://eFossils.org>, eLucy.org<http://eLucy.org>,
and eSkeletons.org<http://eSkeletons.org>. Particularly we are looking to expand and
improve the time-space visualization of fossils that is demonstrated on the eFossils site
at http://efossils.org/page/catalog.  This particular implementation is a mash up of Simile
and Google Maps with data provided by an ArcGIS geodatabase backend running on PostgeSQL/Redhat.

Thanks again for putting us all in touch.

Best,
Denné

Associate Professor
University of Texas at Austin