airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Research project on integrating geoservices with Apache Airavata
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 17:48:06 GMT
Hey Guys,

One other thing I might point you at is the work going on in Apache SIS
[1]:

http://incubator.apache.org/sis/

I recently made a presentation on SIS to the NOAA FOSS meet up here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sis/presentations/NOAA-Meetup-Feb21-2013/Ap
acheSIS-NOAAMeetup-Final.fodp

Right now SIS has support for a Quad Tree, and there is information on how
to connect it with Apache OODT:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SIS/SIS+Wiki

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SIS/OODT+File+Manager+to+SIS+Co
nnection+Demo

SIS is currently undergoing a humongous change bringing over GeoTK, which
is essentially a fully supported
Java spatial library originated by Martin Desruisseaux.

You may consider doing some Airavata and SIS integration, and potentially
looking at some of the OODT integration with geospatial as well.

See:

http://snow.jpl.nasa.gov/

That is an Apache OODT data system integrated with GDAL workflows, and
pushing data to GeoServer. Would be great to bring all the projects
together here.

I'm copying dev@oodt and dev@sis for their feedback. Maybe we could do a
few geospatial projects during GSoC between the communities this summer.
We did a Geospatial project with Ross Laidlaw as my GSoC student (now on
the SIS and OODT PMCs) last summer.

Cheers,
Chris