airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Andun Sameera <andun...@gmail.com>
Subject GSOC 2013
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 14:47:20 GMT
Hi Devs,

I am a final year undergraduate who is willing to participate in GSOC
2013. I had lot of experiences using and developing Apache Software
Foundation projects. I had the chance to complete my software
engineering internship at WSO2 Lanka Pvt Ltd, which is a leading
middle-ware solutions development company. Since they are using most
of the Apache projects to build there solutions, I had many chances to
get a good exposure to the projects and there code-bases.
Specially I had the chance to do major projects related to Synapse
ESB, AXIOM, Tomcat and Axis2. Here are some important examples,

- Streaming XPath Parser for WSO2 ESB which is built on top of Synapse
ESB. (http://wso2.org/library/articles/2013/01/streaming-xpath-parser-
wso2-esb) This implementation provides a high performance XPath parser
to the Synapse ESB which is the core of WSO2 ESB.

- Improving the performance of XSLT mediator of WSO2 ESB using data streams.

- Implemeting a Entitlement Servlet Filter for WSO2 Application
Server(http://wso2.org/library/tutorials/2012/12/providing-xacml-fine-grained-authorization-webapps)

Also I have did lot of projects related FOSS arena. You can find more
about those from my LinkedIn profile -
lk.linkedin.com/pub/andun-s-l-gunawardana/34/646/703/ or from my blog
http://www.insightforfuture.blogspot.com/

So I think the above highlighted experiences makes me a good candidate
to do a project in GSOC. Can you give me some ideas or steps to work
further ?

Regards

Andun S.L. Gunawardana
Undergraduate