airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AMQP Support for WS-Messenger
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 23:22:22 GMT
Hi Danushka,

Yes this seems very useful.More importantly, when someone develop a science
gateway they would really like to subscribe to different types of messages
and show the users differnt information (Ex: workflow stuck, workflow node
failed, workflow node in progress etc). So we have to come up with very
easy and less complex API for users to deal with this, and I would say we
can hide AMQP level information when we design the API (like we handle AMQP
complexity underneath). Because actual scenario is, grid system has AMQP
messaging system, and we just want to extract out those data, so
realistically gateway developers might not very interested in AMQP
complexities, but still interested in data receiving in those messages.

Amila, I think we can test with RabbitMQ because its the most widely used
implementation, but It really does'nt matter, anything should work out of
the box.

Regards
Lahiru

--