airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Decoupling GFac Providers
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 03:14:41 GMT
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 9:56 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura
<danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As we have discussed on a separate thread it is very beneficial to have
> gfac providers decoupled from the core so that gateway developers can write
> their own providers and seamlessly integrate them with the Airavata
> runtime. I suggested we have a separate plugin architecture to facilitate
> that but it looks as if a simple and neat approach would be to enable using
> dynamically loaded providers in the scheduler without having a separate
> plugin manager to do that.
>
> In order to do that, we need to let the scheduler know the fully-qualified
> class names of providers. I suggest we have the provider class name defined
> in the host description.

Hi Danushka,

The provider class name is an implementation detail in GFac. I think
we should not expose that to API. User does not need to know about
class names implementing appropriate providers. Therefore I do not
think HostDescriptor is the right place to put fully qualified class
name of provider.

Further I believe the fully qualified class name should be associated
with org.apache.airavata.schemas.gfac.HostDescriptionType.

HostDescriptionType has following derivations;

org.apache.airavata.schemas.gfac.GlobusHostType
org.apache.airavata.schemas.gfac.Ec2HostType
org.apache.airavata.schemas.gfac.GsisshHostType
org.apache.airavata.schemas.gfac.UnicoreHostType

Thanks
Amila