airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tests in Airavata
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 15:25:17 GMT
On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Amila,
>
> Ofcourse + 1 for the approach in general. I think you are proposing this at the right
time. This should really help out for GSoC projects. I can clearly see how your wiki document
can be followed and it is easy for both student and mentor to contribute and review.

> I am wondering on practical logistics of employing TDD for Airavata development in general.
Any thoughts? I think if we make it a practice now it will have a long pay off and we are
starting to see code base getting out of control in terms of build breaking.

I think we cannot enforce TDD to people, rather its a best practice
that everyone should follow.
One thing we can do is, whenever we get a patch without test case we
can ask contributor to write unit tests.

Certainly TDD will improve the test coverage.

Thanks
Amila