airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Jayasekara <thejaka.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration files in bin directory
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 16:26:41 GMT
On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Danushka,
>
> We normally read files from the classpath in code, so I tried to add each
> file in to classpath in airavata-server.sh and file loading didn't work
> when i put the configuration files there.
>
> WhateverClass.class.getClassLoader().getResource("filename")
>
> I am +1 to fix this issue, but unless we read files like this, there could
> be issues when we deploy airavata on tomcat as set of services on axis2
> webapp.

Reading configuration files using class loader is sometimes very
confusing. Cos it depends on the class loading order. I am +1 to read
configurations from a proper file system location. Further we should
have a single module to read all configurations. Any component that
needs configurations should go through above mentioned module to read
configurations. (Currently we have several places where we read
configurations - It sort of also duplicate the code).

Thanks
Amila