airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjaya Medonsa <sanjaya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Uniqueness of Airavata
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 00:42:25 GMT
I agree with Danushka. When it comes to workflow engines I think it is
better to study general concepts of workflow engines first and then study
the prominent *Scientific* work flow engines (Some of the challenges are
different from business workflow engines). Each prominent workflow engine
comprise of several unique features and concepts while major abstraction is
workflows. I would like to add Apache OODT into list of prominent workflow
engines (Workflow processing components are key part of Apache OODT and
used in several NASA missions and other research) . I have already some
work on these items and would like to contribute them into wiki.

/Sanjaya