airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Pavithra Kulathilaka <pavithr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Uniqueness of Airavata
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 02:25:27 GMT
Hi,

One of a resource I referred was [1] which covers basic details to start
with workflow engines.
Also they have done a review on existing solutions for workflow
applications and their limitations with respect to scalability and
on-demand access. So I think this would be a great starting point. [1]
refers another research paper [2] (Chris has also mentioned about this)
which presents a detailed survey of existing Grid workflow systems w.r.t
their design, scheduling, information retrieval, fault tolerant and data
movement.

Regards,
Pavithra.

[1] S. Pandey, D. Karunamoorthy, and R. Buyya, “Workflow engine for
clouds,” Cloud Computing,
Principles and Paradigms, Wiley Series on Parallel and Distributed
Computing, pp. 321–344, 2011.

[2] A Taxonomy of Workflow Management Systems for Grid Computing, Jia Yu
and Rajkumar Buyya

--
Pavithra Kulathilaka.