airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumb...@gmail.com>
Subject AMQP Support for WS-Messenger
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 20:07:59 GMT
Hi,

When I go through [1], I get the impression that what we really need is an
extensible event bus that can provide notification push/pull functionality
so that a gateway developer has the flexibility to come up with his own
protocol for receiving notifications. At a very higher level the messenger
would have two main layers, the routing layer and the transport layer. We
would have the routing rules defined in the routing layer that makes
notifications available to different transports, such as WS-Notification,
WS-Eventing, file, mail, AMQP, JMS, etc or any other custom type developed
as you wish.

Along the line of AMQP, basically the requirements could be twofold.

1. AMQP broker semantics to support pub/sub behavior
2. AMPQ wire-level format

I am not quite sure which makes AMQP more appealing to the scientific
community, specially in environments like XSEDE. Furthermore, I would like
to know a typical scenario, either real or hypothetical that could exploit
the capabilities of AMQP.

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-339

Thanks,
Danushka