airavata-dev mailing list archives

From AMILA RANATUNGA <newair...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Uniqueness of Airavata
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 13:52:04 GMT
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I am also working in the same project. We looked
some research papers science gateways. We found some interesting facts
about science gateways in the research paper 'TeraGrid Science Gateways and
Their Impact on Science' [1] which talks about 4 successful science
gateways including LEAD. And we got to know that LEAD project has caused to
the development of  AIRAVATA which is used to build science gateways. And
the research paper '*Apache Airavata : A framework for Distributed
Applications and Computational Workflows*' describes about some work flow
systems Taverna, Triana ..etc.
 And it says these are tools to build science gateways.
And we came to a conclusion that AIRAVATA, Taverna, Triana doing similar
kind of job (please correct me if I am wrong). And tried to figure out what
is so unique in AIRAVATA comparing to theses. We would like to have some
good references if we are moving in the wrong path determining what is
AIRAVATA. We are working full time in this project. Your help is really
appreciated.

Thank You !

[1]
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login.jsp?tp=&arnumber=4668681&tag=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fieeexplore.ieee.org%2Fxpls%2Fabs_all.jsp%3Farnumber%3D4668681%26tag%3D1