airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AMQP Support for WS-Messenger
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 20:18:10 GMT
Hi Danushka,

Good thinking, I agree with you for the most part. There are few other concrete use cases
I can suggest, but let me get your thoughts on a particular example:

Currently WS-Eventing is used to track workflow progress. In reality its not so much of the
eventing spec, but the Airavata Information Model which is currently based on Workflow Tracking
schema [1]. As you can see form the Web Based XBaya discussion, if a light weight java script
based workflow GUI has to monitor progress and show real-time status (like the current color
coded), would you say AMQP has any additional advantages? Or if you were to design from scratch,
what would you pick which can build upon a pre-defined information model.

Suresh
[1] - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/trunk/modules/commons/workflow-tracking/src/main/resources/schemas/workflow_tracking_types.xsd