airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lets sketch simple diagrams to depict Airavata
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 22:41:08 GMT
A big + 1 to each of those. I realized the need for the same at ApacheCon.

Along with the user and dev community contributing to it, good tasks for seeking GSOC students
to learn and contribute about Airavata.

Suresh

On Mar 7, 2013, at 5:20 PM, Saminda Wijeratne <samindaw@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Airavata is now matured in many areas in the sense of usecases & some frameworks
it uses (there are still several areas which needs work and/or polishing). But we are lacking
material to explain these to newbies. Shall we come up with some simple diagrams to do these?
Following are few key diagram ideas (not limited to)

> For end users
> How experiment submission works
> How Experiment progression works
>
> For gateway developers
> Explaining simple user/airavata/c.resources diagram
> Explain how applications defined
> How Security work
> How Provenance data work
>
> For core developers
> Explain the experiment data structure
> Explain security framework
>
> Lets come up with 1-2 minute simple skeletally diagrams to show what an above idea/usecase
should look like... (an example relating to "Explaining simple user/airavata/comp.resources
diagram" attached).