airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.7 release plan
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 18:02:29 GMT
On Mar 21, 2013, at 1:52 PM, Lahiru Gunathilake <glahiru@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I think we are in a good shape to wrap-up our work done during last few
> months with 0.7 release. We mainly focus on gfac-core improvements and
> following thing has been implemented.
>
> 1. Re-architecting gfac with whole new code.

Given that GFac architecture is a major change, I would vote to push foreword with the release
with just this capability.

> 2. Implementing EC2 support in gfac.
> 3. Implementing Unicore support in gfac.
> 4. Implementing cloud bursting in gfac.
>
> But all 2-4 features are not fully support in the framework currently
> because we are not supporting it from XBaya and Airavata API. Are we going
> to finish this part and release or we are going to release only the
> gfac re-architecture work.

These are good capabilities, but I feel we need more time to enhance the API, XBaya and test
before we release and advertise these as supported features. I think, focusing on a release
with GFac changes will give us enough time to test and harden it.

Suresh