airavata-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject FW: [GSoC Mentors] Google Summer of Code 2013
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 20:24:32 GMT
[Sorry for cross posting]

Guys,

FYI please note that you can participate as a mentor from a PMC via Apache as they are a GSoC
org. ComDev will coordinate our participation but start thinking about what projects we may
want to do.

Cheers,
Chris

From: Carol Smith <carols@google.com<mailto:carols@google.com>>
Date: Monday, February 11, 2013 11:02 AM
To: Google Summer of Code Mentors List <google-summer-of-code-mentors-list@googlegroups.com<mailto:google-summer-of-code-mentors-list@googlegroups.com>>
Subject: [GSoC Mentors] Google Summer of Code 2013

Hi GSoC mentors and org admins,

We've announced that we're doing Google Summer of Code 2013 [1]. Yay!

If you would like to help spread the word about GSoC, we have presentations [2], logos [3],
and flyers [4] for you to use. Please host meetups, tell your friends and colleagues about
the program, go to conferences, talk to people about the program, and just generally do all
the awesome word-of-mouth stuff you do every year to promote the program.

The GSoC calendar, FAQ, and events timeline have all been updated with this year's important
dates, so please refer to those for the milestones for this year's program. NB: the normal
timeline for the program has been modified for this year. You'll probably want to examine
the dates closely to make sure you know when important things are happening.

Please consider translating the presentations and/or flyers into your native language and
submitting them directly to me to post on the wiki. Localization for our material is integral
to reaching the widest possible audience around the world. If you decide to translate a flyer,
please fill out our form to request a thank you gift for your effort. [5]

If you decide to host a meetup, please email me to let me know the date, time, and location
so I can put it on the GSoC calendar. Also, remember to take pictures at your meetup and write
up a blog post for our blog using our provided template for formatting [6]. If you need promotional
items for your attendees, please fill out our form [7] to request some; we're happy to send
some along. We can provide up to about 25 pens, notebooks, or stickers and/or a few t-shirts.
Please keep in mind, though, that shipping restrictions and timeline vary country-to-country;
request items early to make sure they get there on time! If you have questions about hosting
meetups, please see the section in our FAQ [8].

Please consider applying to participate as an organization again this year or maybe joining
as a mentor for your favorite organization if they are selected this year.

We rely on you for your help for the success of this program, so thank you in advance for
all the work you do!

[1] - http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2013/02/flip-bits-not-burgers-google-summer-of.html
[2] - http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/ProgramPresentations
[3] - http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/GsocLogos