airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Handler Configuration in Airavata
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 16:00:34 GMT
Hi Devs,

I hope to come up with handler (In/Out) configuration to be dynamic.
Currently in new architecture we pick the InHanders and outHandlers from
GFacConfiguration object and execute them. But the issue is how to
configure these in/out handlers. So I am hoping to allow users to configure
and xml file and allow them to specify in/out handlers for each Provider.
Users can configure global handlers too.

And I like to allow users to specify the logic to pick providers in the
same xml file. Currently we pick the provider based on the Host Descriptor
type, but there could be different scheduling mechanisms too. But as a
primary scheduling method we call allow users to specify this logic in the
same xml file.

So sample xml file could looks like this,

<globalHandlers>
<InHandlers>
   <Handler>org.apache.airavata.GlobalHandler1</Handler> ...
</InHandler>
<OutHandlers>
 <Handler>org.apache.airavata.GlabalHandler2</Handler>
</OutHandlers>
<Provider class="org.apache.airavata.providers.LocalProvider"
host="LocalHost">
 <InHandlers>
  <Handler>org.apache.airavata.handlers.LocalEvenSetupHandler</Handler>
</InHandlers>
<OutHandlers>
 <Handler>org.apache.airavata.LocalOutHandler1</Handler>
</OutHandlers>
</Provider>
... Like this we can configure all the handlers. If we want a more complex
logic to do the scheduling for handler pickup we can hard code this logic
or we can come up with a more complex xml configuration, so this will be
dynamic.

I appreciate your input regarding this approach.

Regards
Lahiru

--
System Analyst Programmer