airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Gunathilake <glah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Airavata/Hadoop Integration
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 04:26:00 GMT
Hi Danushka,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <
danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lahiru,
>
> I think we have pretty much this functionality done in the similar way you
> > are explaining. I have added the code in to trunk and will provide some
> > test classes and will update the schedular to return the HadoopProvider.
> >

> Yes. The Hadoop provider that you have committed more or less does the same
> thing that I was planning to do :-). I believe we can do following two
> important improvements on top of that.
>
> 1. Adding support for handling chains of jobs. This is different from
> having individual jobs orchestrated in the workflow level.
>
> 2. Support for asynchronous job execution which I believe is a must-have
> for long-running, data-intensive MapReduce jobs.

+1

And I hope plugin architecture  is something which allow users not to touch
the Scheduler class and plug their Providers to gfac-core by dropping their
jar in to classpath. If thats the case this will be very useful for gateway
developers.

Danushka, please add more detail information on how you are going to
implement this.

Regards
Lahiru

--