airavata-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjaya Medonsa <sanjaya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal To Use Apache OODT products as input to Apache Airavata Workflows and staging product files into node where execution happens
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 18:52:14 GMT
Thanks Lahiru! I have gone through the test classes and the classes in
package org.apache.airavata.gfac. It was really helpful to understand the
new architecture. I have listed down my approach based on new architecture
to use Apache OODT products as an input to Airavata.
         1. Introduce new Data Type to represent Apache OODT Product as an
DataType. Basically new DataType is added into the GFacParameterTypes.xsd.
         2. With new Architecture In Handlers and Out Handlers replaces the
Pre/Post execution chains in old architecture. For the moment I am focusing
on using Apache OODT product ID or file path as an input and stage the file
(product) into host where actual execution happens. File staging requires
to retrieve product from a File Manager server to the host where execution
occurs. File staging can be implemented as an* In Handler* and needs to be
configured as a new item in the list of configured In Handlers.
         3. Handler should first verify the input parameter types listed in
Service Description of the Application context of the *JobExecutionContext*.
If input type matches the new parameter type, in handler stage file into
host machine using Apache OODT file manager component. Corresponding input
value can be retrieved from *In MessageContex*t. If a parameter type in
MessageContext matches the new input type, then corresponding value is the
id or file path to product managed by Apache OODT File Manager server.

Best Regards,
Sanjaya